CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Marksmen Energy Inc. ("Marksmen" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: MAH) is pleased to announce that it has executed a joint exploration and operating agreement the "Joint Venture") with Knox Energy Inc. ("Knox"), a private company in Columbus, Ohio, for the joint exploitation of Knox's 6,100 acre Owl Creek Prospect ("Owl Creek") located in central Ohio. Marksmen has the right to earn a 70% working interest in Owl Creek by completing a 3D seismic survey. Pursuant to the Joint Venture, Knox will be the project operator.
Mr. Archie Nesbitt, President of Marksmen states: "We are pleased to be able to announce that our first joint venture in Ohio, will be to pursue shallow, high quality oil and gas production, utilizing the technical expertise and operational success of Knox. Mark Jordan, President of Knox, and his family have been active in oil and gas exploration and production since the 1960's and currently, through Knox, operates approximately 570 wells in Ohio".
This press release contains forward-looking statements about certain of the Company's current plans, goals and expectations, including but not limited to statements related to completing the 3D seismic survey and the ability to complete the Joint Venture. All statements included herein, other than statements of historical fact, including are forward-looking information and such information involves various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. A description of assumptions used to develop such forward-looking information and a description of risk factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from forward-looking information can be found in Marksmen's disclosure documents on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com. Marksmen does not undertake to update any forward-looking information except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Marksmen Energy Inc.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict