U.S. stock indexes closed mixed Monday.
By close of trading on Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average added 18.89 points or 0.14 percent to 13,507.32. The Nasdaq composite index shed 8.13 points or 0.26 percent to 3,117.50. The Standard and Poor's 500 lost 1.37 points or 0.09 percent to 1,470.68.
On the New York Stock Exchange, 1,498 stocks advanced and 1,511 declined on a volume of 2.9 billion shares traded.
The 10-year treasury note rose 5/32 to yield 1.851 percent.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3378 from Friday's $1.3363. The dollar was higher at 89.50 yen from 89.31 yen.
In London, the FTSE 100 index lost 0.22 percent or 13.72 points to 6,107.86.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women