U.S. stock indexes closed mixed Monday.
By close of trading on Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average added 18.89 points or 0.14 percent to 13,507.32. The Nasdaq composite index shed 8.13 points or 0.26 percent to 3,117.50. The Standard and Poor's 500 lost 1.37 points or 0.09 percent to 1,470.68.
On the New York Stock Exchange, 1,498 stocks advanced and 1,511 declined on a volume of 2.9 billion shares traded.
The 10-year treasury note rose 5/32 to yield 1.851 percent.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3378 from Friday's $1.3363. The dollar was higher at 89.50 yen from 89.31 yen.
In London, the FTSE 100 index lost 0.22 percent or 13.72 points to 6,107.86.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy