U.S. stock indexes closed mixed Monday.
By close of trading on Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average added 18.89 points or 0.14 percent to 13,507.32. The Nasdaq composite index shed 8.13 points or 0.26 percent to 3,117.50. The Standard and Poor's 500 lost 1.37 points or 0.09 percent to 1,470.68.
On the New York Stock Exchange, 1,498 stocks advanced and 1,511 declined on a volume of 2.9 billion shares traded.
The 10-year treasury note rose 5/32 to yield 1.851 percent.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3378 from Friday's $1.3363. The dollar was higher at 89.50 yen from 89.31 yen.
In London, the FTSE 100 index lost 0.22 percent or 13.72 points to 6,107.86.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise