Prince William's wife, Kate, is due to give birth to her first child in July, officials for the royals announced Monday in London.
William and Kate, who were married in April 2011, confirmed her pregnancy last month when she was treated for extreme morning sickness and dehydration.
"Their royal highnesses, the duke and duchess of Cambridge, are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James Palace said in a statement. "The duchess' condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month."
The BBC quoted an unnamed source as saying the couple will not reveal the gender of the baby until he or she is born.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media