Prince William's wife, Kate, is due to give birth to her first child in July, officials for the royals announced Monday in London.
William and Kate, who were married in April 2011, confirmed her pregnancy last month when she was treated for extreme morning sickness and dehydration.
"Their royal highnesses, the duke and duchess of Cambridge, are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James Palace said in a statement. "The duchess' condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month."
The BBC quoted an unnamed source as saying the couple will not reveal the gender of the baby until he or she is born.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend