Prince William's wife, Kate, is due to give birth to her first child in July, officials for the royals announced Monday in London.
William and Kate, who were married in April 2011, confirmed her pregnancy last month when she was treated for extreme morning sickness and dehydration.
"Their royal highnesses, the duke and duchess of Cambridge, are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James Palace said in a statement. "The duchess' condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month."
The BBC quoted an unnamed source as saying the couple will not reveal the gender of the baby until he or she is born.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits