Prince William's wife, Kate, is due to give birth to her first child in July, officials for the royals announced Monday in London.
William and Kate, who were married in April 2011, confirmed her pregnancy last month when she was treated for extreme morning sickness and dehydration.
"Their royal highnesses, the duke and duchess of Cambridge, are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James Palace said in a statement. "The duchess' condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month."
The BBC quoted an unnamed source as saying the couple will not reveal the gender of the baby until he or she is born.
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher