Prince William's wife, Kate, is due to give birth to her first child in July, officials for the royals announced Monday in London.
William and Kate, who were married in April 2011, confirmed her pregnancy last month when she was treated for extreme morning sickness and dehydration.
"Their royal highnesses, the duke and duchess of Cambridge, are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James Palace said in a statement. "The duchess' condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month."
The BBC quoted an unnamed source as saying the couple will not reveal the gender of the baby until he or she is born.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better