LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- City Index UK -- Heading into this week the markets may continue to enjoy following through on last week's momentum to the upside. However, both the FTSE100 and Dow Jones are close to potential reversal levels.
If the reversal levels manage to prevent a trend continuation then chances are we may be setting up for a correction to the downside. Rather than predict a definitive move, the markets would be the key voice in providing the signals of turning bearish. The all important "trend" remains bullish and this should not be ignored as such. Given the recent bullish swings the indices appear to be setting the stage for a minor correction.
See Charts & Read Full Article: FTSE100 bullish start to the week but may be limited on upside
FTSE100 almost at 6150 price target
As we approach the key price target for the FTSE100 at 6150, the price bars are trading in a narrow range but with a bullish tone. Once the target has been achieved, if the index can maintain strength, then we could see a reach for 6200.
But it would be important for the index to not trade below 6100 which for the moment should provide short term support for this week. If a key reversal occurs and a break of 6100 takes place then we may see a move lower between 6000 and 5900 as a base level before the index continues higher. Momentum remains bullish until we see major signs of a trend reversal.
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting over the past 29 years.
You can use spread betting to speculate on the future direction of market prices, enabling you to profit irrespective of whether underlying market prices are rising or falling.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women