LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Global market research company Euromonitor International announced today the launch of Passport: Cities, a database providing fully comparable data and in-depth analysis on 850 cities worldwide.
Passport: Cities provides localized city economic profiles and analysis on consumers. Analysis is based on urban economic theory and was developed by Euromonitor's extended global network of in-country analysts.
"Passport: Cities looks at consumers and the economic profiles of cities around the globe. For example, in terms of both population and real per capita GDP, we can look globally to find extremely strong growth through 2020 in Chinese cities. Since Chinese economic growth and job creation takes place primarily in cities, people migrate from rural to urban areas on a very large scale," explains Kotryna Gailiute, City Research Manager at Euromonitor International. "In per capita GDP creation, the winners will not be Beijing or Shanghai, but the less well-known metropolises, such as Wuhan and Tianjin."
The database covers 850 cities and features in-depth city reviews, regularly updated reports and breaking news analysis. Reports cover the economic make-up, demographic trends, level and distribution of household income, consumer spending preferences, infrastructure and affordability at the city level.
"The population that moves from rural to urban areas will become more accessible to businesses due to better infrastructure in cities. Consumers will also switch from rural to urban consumption habits and lifestyles. Increasing per capita GDP means that demand will rise for higher-end products, such as high-quality goods and services, organic food, leisure and recreation services, hi-tech gadgets and branded clothing," said Gailiute.
About Euromonitor International
Euromonitor International is the world's leading provider for global business intelligence and strategic market analysis. We have 40 years of experience publishing international market reports, business reference books and online databases on consumer markets.
We deliver market research solutions to support strategic planning for today's increasingly international business environment. Our research offers in-depth market analysis on consumer goods and services industries worldwide, as well as economic, demographic and socio-economic data and insight on countries and consumers.
Euromonitor International is headquartered in London, with regional offices in Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Santiago, Dubai, Cape Town, Tokyo, Sydney and Bangalore, and has a network of over 800 analysts worldwide.
Regional Communications Manager
+370 5 243 1577 EXT 4603
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'