U.S. pop star Britney Spears said Friday she and her longtime beau, talent manager Jason Trawick, have ended their yearlong engagement.
The couple began dating in 2009.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," Spears said in a statement to People.com. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
"As this chapter ends for us, a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever," Trawick said.
Spears has two sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline.
Friday was a big day for news about the 31-year-old singer. She also announced she has no plans to return for a second season as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines