U.S. pop star Britney Spears said Friday she and her longtime beau, talent manager Jason Trawick, have ended their yearlong engagement.
The couple began dating in 2009.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," Spears said in a statement to People.com. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
"As this chapter ends for us, a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever," Trawick said.
Spears has two sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline.
Friday was a big day for news about the 31-year-old singer. She also announced she has no plans to return for a second season as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Tesla Expanding Its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter