U.S. pop star Britney Spears said Friday she and her longtime beau, talent manager Jason Trawick, have ended their yearlong engagement.
The couple began dating in 2009.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," Spears said in a statement to People.com. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
"As this chapter ends for us, a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever," Trawick said.
Spears has two sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline.
Friday was a big day for news about the 31-year-old singer. She also announced she has no plans to return for a second season as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign