U.S. pop star Britney Spears said Friday she and her longtime beau, talent manager Jason Trawick, have ended their yearlong engagement.
The couple began dating in 2009.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," Spears said in a statement to People.com. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
"As this chapter ends for us, a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever," Trawick said.
Spears has two sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline.
Friday was a big day for news about the 31-year-old singer. She also announced she has no plans to return for a second season as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party