U.S. pop star Britney Spears said Friday she and her longtime beau, talent manager Jason Trawick, have ended their yearlong engagement.
The couple began dating in 2009.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," Spears said in a statement to People.com. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
"As this chapter ends for us, a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever," Trawick said.
Spears has two sons with her ex-husband, Kevin Federline.
Friday was a big day for news about the 31-year-old singer. She also announced she has no plans to return for a second season as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions