Ben Affleck won the Golden Globe Sunday for
best director, days after he was overlooked for the same prize in the
Affleck won the prize for Argo, a film based on the true story of a CIA ruse to rescue US hostages from revolutionary Iran.
Affleck beat out Katheryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty), Ang Lee (Life of Pi), Steven Spielberg (Lincoln) and Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained).
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks