Miss New York Mallory Hytes Hagan Saturday was named Miss America 2013 at the time-honored pageant in Las Vegas.
Hagan, who hails from Brooklyn and attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, says she plans to use her scholarship award to pursue a degree in cosmetics and fragrance marketing.
She tap danced to James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" in the talent portion of the competition and wowed the judges in the swimsuit competition, USA Today reported.
Miss Wisconsin Laura Kaeppeler took a final walk in her crown before the final results were announced.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers was runner-up, Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton was second runner-up, and Miss Wyoming Lexie Madden was third runner-up.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW