Miss New York Mallory Hytes Hagan Saturday was named Miss America 2013 at the time-honored pageant in Las Vegas.
Hagan, who hails from Brooklyn and attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, says she plans to use her scholarship award to pursue a degree in cosmetics and fragrance marketing.
She tap danced to James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" in the talent portion of the competition and wowed the judges in the swimsuit competition, USA Today reported.
Miss Wisconsin Laura Kaeppeler took a final walk in her crown before the final results were announced.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers was runner-up, Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton was second runner-up, and Miss Wyoming Lexie Madden was third runner-up.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs