The tease is almost over.
General Motors will reveal the all-new Chevrolet Corvette in a special private event Sunday night in Detroit, on the eve of press previews at the North American International Auto Show.
The automaker has been closely guarding details about the seven-generation version of the iconic sports car, but that will stop at 7 p.m.
"It will be one of the most beautiful cars ever made," GM CEO Dan Akerson said. "That's not a high-volume car for us, but it will be one that's a statement about the company."
Expect more auto news throughout the day Sunday, including industry projections and a Mercedes-Benz event in the evening.
All automakers will hold press conferences Monday and Tuesday. On Twitter, follow autos stories @FreepAutos, follow Ford reporter Alisa Priddle @AlisaPriddle and track Chrysler reporter Brent Snavely @BrentSnavely.
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns