The tease is almost over.
General Motors will reveal the all-new Chevrolet Corvette in a special private event Sunday night in Detroit, on the eve of press previews at the North American International Auto Show.
The automaker has been closely guarding details about the seven-generation version of the iconic sports car, but that will stop at 7 p.m.
"It will be one of the most beautiful cars ever made," GM CEO Dan Akerson said. "That's not a high-volume car for us, but it will be one that's a statement about the company."
Expect more auto news throughout the day Sunday, including industry projections and a Mercedes-Benz event in the evening.
All automakers will hold press conferences Monday and Tuesday. On Twitter, follow autos stories @FreepAutos, follow Ford reporter Alisa Priddle @AlisaPriddle and track Chrysler reporter Brent Snavely @BrentSnavely.
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia