The tease is almost over.
General Motors will reveal the all-new Chevrolet Corvette in a special private event Sunday night in Detroit, on the eve of press previews at the North American International Auto Show.
The automaker has been closely guarding details about the seven-generation version of the iconic sports car, but that will stop at 7 p.m.
"It will be one of the most beautiful cars ever made," GM CEO Dan Akerson said. "That's not a high-volume car for us, but it will be one that's a statement about the company."
Expect more auto news throughout the day Sunday, including industry projections and a Mercedes-Benz event in the evening.
All automakers will hold press conferences Monday and Tuesday. On Twitter, follow autos stories @FreepAutos, follow Ford reporter Alisa Priddle @AlisaPriddle and track Chrysler reporter Brent Snavely @BrentSnavely.
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio