VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/13 -- Toro Resources Corp. (TSX VENTURE: TRK) ("Toro" or the "Company") today announced the appointment of Dev Randhawa, as a director and the new Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Company. Mr. Randhawa replaces Anthony Floyd as a member of the Company's Board of the Directors and William Galine as the Company's Chief Executive Officer. Toro would like to thank Mr. Floyd for his service to the Company. Bill Galine remains a director and the President of the Company.
Mr. Randhawa is an experienced senior manager with broad international experience in developing resource, mining exploration and energy companies. Since 2007, Mr. Randhawa has remained the Chairman and CEO of Fission Energy Corp., which has focused on uranium exploration in Saskatchewan. Mr. Randhawa founded Strathmore Minerals Corp. in 1996 and remained CEO until September 2008. Fission Energy was spun out of Strathmore Minerals in 2007. In 2006, Mr. Randhawa founded Pacific Asia Energy Inc. He was President and CEO until its sale to Green Dragon Gas wholly owned subsidiary, Greka China Ltd, for $35.18 million in 2008. Mr. Randhawa received a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with honours from Trinity Western College of Langley, British Columbia in 1983 and received his Master in Business Administration from the University of British Columbia in 1985.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD:
William Galine, President & Director
Issued Share Capital: 23,448,636
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Toro Resources Corp.
President and Director
(604) 662-3904 (FAX)
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women