Sammy Sosa's reaction to being passed over for the Baseball Hall of Fame came via a release from a Florida needleless injection company he manages, Injex 21.
The former Chicago Cub's statement after falling short of election to the Hall of Fame Wednesday was released by the Fort Lauderdale-based Injex 21 -- named in part after Sosa's uniform number, 21, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
"Even if we weren't inducted on our first time, we are still winners and there is always a next time," the release quotes Sosa as saying.
The company's website touts "a future free from needles" and explains the company specializes in injections that don't use needles.
"We're not making any more comments at this time," Rebecca Polihronis, marketing manager for Injex 21 and a former Cubs employee, said when asked about the company.
Sosa is listed as one of two managing members of the company.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel