Sammy Sosa's reaction to being passed over for the Baseball Hall of Fame came via a release from a Florida needleless injection company he manages, Injex 21.
The former Chicago Cub's statement after falling short of election to the Hall of Fame Wednesday was released by the Fort Lauderdale-based Injex 21 -- named in part after Sosa's uniform number, 21, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
"Even if we weren't inducted on our first time, we are still winners and there is always a next time," the release quotes Sosa as saying.
The company's website touts "a future free from needles" and explains the company specializes in injections that don't use needles.
"We're not making any more comments at this time," Rebecca Polihronis, marketing manager for Injex 21 and a former Cubs employee, said when asked about the company.
Sosa is listed as one of two managing members of the company.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant