Sammy Sosa's reaction to being passed over for the Baseball Hall of Fame came via a release from a Florida needleless injection company he manages, Injex 21.
The former Chicago Cub's statement after falling short of election to the Hall of Fame Wednesday was released by the Fort Lauderdale-based Injex 21 -- named in part after Sosa's uniform number, 21, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
"Even if we weren't inducted on our first time, we are still winners and there is always a next time," the release quotes Sosa as saying.
The company's website touts "a future free from needles" and explains the company specializes in injections that don't use needles.
"We're not making any more comments at this time," Rebecca Polihronis, marketing manager for Injex 21 and a former Cubs employee, said when asked about the company.
Sosa is listed as one of two managing members of the company.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.