British television personality Sharon Osbourne has accused U.S. pop star Lady Gaga of being a bully for criticizing Osbourne's daughter Kelly online.
Gaga posted a letter on her website littlemonsters.com Thursday, slamming Kelly for her appearances on the snarky clothing review TV show, "Fashion Police."
"Your show breeds negativity and over the years has even become comedic in nature," Gaga wrote. "It glorifies you and Joan Rivers pointing in the camera, laughing and making jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."
The New York Post said Sharon Osbourne, one of the stars of the daytime chat program "The Talk," fired back at Gaga, calling her a "bully" and a "desperate" ... "publicity-seeking hypocrite" in a post on the singer's Facebook page.
Sharon Osbourne said Gaga's letter was a response to an email she sent the recording artist's publicist. In it, she asked him to have Gaga urge her fans to stop saying mean things about Kelly online, the Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column