Scone of the Midlands' most prolific social media users and advocates died Friday morning.
Jerry Rick Stilwell, a 44-year-old Cayce man, died Friday morning while driving his 2003 Mini Cooper north on Farrow Road near Flint Lake Road, Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said.
Stilwell suffered some sort of medical event while driving the car, and likely died before his car crossed into oncoming traffic and struck a Honda minivan and embankment. Stilwell was transported to Palmetto Health Richland hospital after the wreck and was pronounced dead in the emergency room, Watts said. The driver of the minivan wasn't injured, troopers say.
Stilwell, known among Midlands Twitter and Instagram users as @RickCaffeinated, was an early adopter and self-described expert of social media, according to his website. His wife announced his death on Twitter about 1 p.m., and already, Columbia-area social media users have started to grieve for the man on Twitter using the hashtag #livelikerick. His last tweet was sent at 7:37 a.m., about 45 minutes before he died.
Stilwell's last tweet
In Your Eyes by @itspetergabriel, from #SoundHound soundhound.com/?t5dcd10ad983...
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast