Scone of the Midlands' most prolific social media users and advocates died Friday morning.
Jerry Rick Stilwell, a 44-year-old Cayce man, died Friday morning while driving his 2003 Mini Cooper north on Farrow Road near Flint Lake Road, Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said.
Stilwell suffered some sort of medical event while driving the car, and likely died before his car crossed into oncoming traffic and struck a Honda minivan and embankment. Stilwell was transported to Palmetto Health Richland hospital after the wreck and was pronounced dead in the emergency room, Watts said. The driver of the minivan wasn't injured, troopers say.
Stilwell, known among Midlands Twitter and Instagram users as @RickCaffeinated, was an early adopter and self-described expert of social media, according to his website. His wife announced his death on Twitter about 1 p.m., and already, Columbia-area social media users have started to grieve for the man on Twitter using the hashtag #livelikerick. His last tweet was sent at 7:37 a.m., about 45 minutes before he died.
Stilwell's last tweet
In Your Eyes by @itspetergabriel, from #SoundHound soundhound.com/?t5dcd10ad983...
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules