Pop star Britney Spears confirmed weeks of rumors when she announced Friday she would not return for a second season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor."
She currently served as a judge on the TV talent show, alongside L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell, for Season 2, which wrapped up last month.
"I've made the very difficult decision not to return for another season," Spears said in a statement Friday. "I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio. Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much! I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."
EW.com said Fox confirmed Spears' departure. Rumors have been swirling for weeks saying she would not return as a panelist on the show.
Reid, who has been a judge on the series since Season 1, has also said he does not plan to return next season.
No replacements for Reid or Spears have been announced yet.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map