Pop star Britney Spears confirmed weeks of rumors when she announced Friday she would not return for a second season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor."
She currently served as a judge on the TV talent show, alongside L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell, for Season 2, which wrapped up last month.
"I've made the very difficult decision not to return for another season," Spears said in a statement Friday. "I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio. Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much! I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."
EW.com said Fox confirmed Spears' departure. Rumors have been swirling for weeks saying she would not return as a panelist on the show.
Reid, who has been a judge on the series since Season 1, has also said he does not plan to return next season.
No replacements for Reid or Spears have been announced yet.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth