Pop star Britney Spears confirmed weeks of rumors when she announced Friday she would not return for a second season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor."
She currently served as a judge on the TV talent show, alongside L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell, for Season 2, which wrapped up last month.
"I've made the very difficult decision not to return for another season," Spears said in a statement Friday. "I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio. Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much! I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."
EW.com said Fox confirmed Spears' departure. Rumors have been swirling for weeks saying she would not return as a panelist on the show.
Reid, who has been a judge on the series since Season 1, has also said he does not plan to return next season.
No replacements for Reid or Spears have been announced yet.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go