The following is an official statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the retirement of U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis:
"Hilda Solis has been a strong advocate for working families throughout her entire public career. As the daughter of a Teamster shop steward, she learned early in life the value of a strong labor movement.
"As Secretary of Labor she has worked diligently to create a department that protects workers and ensures that we have the strongest workforce in the world.
"I want to thank Secretary Solis for everything she has done over the past four years at the Labor Department to help working men and women achieve fairness and dignity on the job. She will be missed."
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed