The following is an official statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the retirement of U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis:
"Hilda Solis has been a strong advocate for working families throughout her entire public career. As the daughter of a Teamster shop steward, she learned early in life the value of a strong labor movement.
"As Secretary of Labor she has worked diligently to create a department that protects workers and ensures that we have the strongest workforce in the world.
"I want to thank Secretary Solis for everything she has done over the past four years at the Labor Department to help working men and women achieve fairness and dignity on the job. She will be missed."
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio