The following is an official statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the retirement of U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis:
"Hilda Solis has been a strong advocate for working families throughout her entire public career. As the daughter of a Teamster shop steward, she learned early in life the value of a strong labor movement.
"As Secretary of Labor she has worked diligently to create a department that protects workers and ensures that we have the strongest workforce in the world.
"I want to thank Secretary Solis for everything she has done over the past four years at the Labor Department to help working men and women achieve fairness and dignity on the job. She will be missed."
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod