The following is an official statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the retirement of U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis:
"Hilda Solis has been a strong advocate for working families throughout her entire public career. As the daughter of a Teamster shop steward, she learned early in life the value of a strong labor movement.
"As Secretary of Labor she has worked diligently to create a department that protects workers and ensures that we have the strongest workforce in the world.
"I want to thank Secretary Solis for everything she has done over the past four years at the Labor Department to help working men and women achieve fairness and dignity on the job. She will be missed."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property