The following is an official statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on the retirement of U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis:
"Hilda Solis has been a strong advocate for working families throughout her entire public career. As the daughter of a Teamster shop steward, she learned early in life the value of a strong labor movement.
"As Secretary of Labor she has worked diligently to create a department that protects workers and ensures that we have the strongest workforce in the world.
"I want to thank Secretary Solis for everything she has done over the past four years at the Labor Department to help working men and women achieve fairness and dignity on the job. She will be missed."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal