OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Today, the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement on the Department of National Defence's cost-recovery measures for disaster relief:
"The Canadian Armed Forces has always been, and remains, ready and able to assist Canadians at all times. As Minister of National Defence, my greatest priority is ensuring the safety and well-being of all Canadians.
I stress two things. First, there has been no change in Department of National Defence 's policy regarding cost recovery; and second, the policy relates only to recovery of costs from another federal department, such as Public Safety, when it requests that Department of National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces provide assistance to a province, municipality, or other eligible entity. Decisions regarding cost recovery from another federal department are made on a case-by-case basis."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women