OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Today, the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement on the Department of National Defence's cost-recovery measures for disaster relief:
"The Canadian Armed Forces has always been, and remains, ready and able to assist Canadians at all times. As Minister of National Defence, my greatest priority is ensuring the safety and well-being of all Canadians.
I stress two things. First, there has been no change in Department of National Defence 's policy regarding cost recovery; and second, the policy relates only to recovery of costs from another federal department, such as Public Safety, when it requests that Department of National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces provide assistance to a province, municipality, or other eligible entity. Decisions regarding cost recovery from another federal department are made on a case-by-case basis."
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law