OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Giant Tiger is excited to announce the opening of our very first store in Prince Edward Island!
The store will be located in Summerside and will occupy a portion of the Zellers location at 475 Granville Street North which will be closing soon, and will offer approximately 19,000 square feet of selling space.
"We are thrilled to be expanding into Prince Edward Island," says Greg Farrell President and COO, Giant Tiger Stores Limited. "The residents of Prince Edward Island have been asking us for a long time to bring our unique brand values to the Island and we can't wait to have the Summerside store as a part of the Giant Tiger family."
The new store will open on April 19, 2014.
About Giant Tiger:
Giant Tiger is Canada's low price Giant! We are the leading Canadian owned family discount store, committed to providing on trend family fashions, groceries, and everyday needs. Established in 1961 in Ottawa's Byward Market, the privately held company has grown to over 200 locations across Canada and employs over 7,000 team members. The friendly local stores with the iconic yellow Tiger logo are not only where Canadians shop more and spend less, but they help bring communities together. Giant Tiger has a long-standing tradition of supporting surrounding communities and corporate stewardship. In 2012, Giant Tiger donated more than $2 million to more than 700 local associations and charities across Canada. For more information about the company, please visit www.gianttiger.com or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gianttiger or follow us on Twitter @GTboutique.
Giant Tiger, a proud Canadian company since... FOREVER! #CanadaPROUD
For media inquiries contact: Giant Tiger Stores Limited
Manager, Public Relations and Community Activation
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills