OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Giant Tiger is excited to announce the opening of our very first store in Prince Edward Island!
The store will be located in Summerside and will occupy a portion of the Zellers location at 475 Granville Street North which will be closing soon, and will offer approximately 19,000 square feet of selling space.
"We are thrilled to be expanding into Prince Edward Island," says Greg Farrell President and COO, Giant Tiger Stores Limited. "The residents of Prince Edward Island have been asking us for a long time to bring our unique brand values to the Island and we can't wait to have the Summerside store as a part of the Giant Tiger family."
The new store will open on April 19, 2014.
About Giant Tiger:
Giant Tiger is Canada's low price Giant! We are the leading Canadian owned family discount store, committed to providing on trend family fashions, groceries, and everyday needs. Established in 1961 in Ottawa's Byward Market, the privately held company has grown to over 200 locations across Canada and employs over 7,000 team members. The friendly local stores with the iconic yellow Tiger logo are not only where Canadians shop more and spend less, but they help bring communities together. Giant Tiger has a long-standing tradition of supporting surrounding communities and corporate stewardship. In 2012, Giant Tiger donated more than $2 million to more than 700 local associations and charities across Canada. For more information about the company, please visit www.gianttiger.com or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gianttiger or follow us on Twitter @GTboutique.
Giant Tiger, a proud Canadian company since... FOREVER! #CanadaPROUD
For media inquiries contact: Giant Tiger Stores Limited
Manager, Public Relations and Community Activation
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point