Latin rapper "Mic Delincuente" faces charges in Canada in the hit-and-run death of a 7-year-old boy early New Year's Day, authorities say.
The attorney for the rapper, Jose Olmedo Renteria, 30, was granted a postponement in the musician's bail hearing during Renteria's court appearance Wednesday in Brampton, the Toronto Star reported Thursday.
Police allege the Ecuadorian-born rapper's Hummer H2 hit a minivan in which the boy was riding in the early morning hours of New Years Day.
Renteria has been charged with dangerous driving causing death, criminal negligence causing death, and failure to remain at the scene of an accident.
Renteria's mother, Luisa Balladares, also faces a charge of obstructing police in the case. She is free on bond.
Renteria is best known by his rap moniker in Latin America. His single "Algo Bueno" was released last summer and has scored more than 1 million hits on YouTube. He moved to Canada in 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say