Latin rapper "Mic Delincuente" faces charges in Canada in the hit-and-run death of a 7-year-old boy early New Year's Day, authorities say.
The attorney for the rapper, Jose Olmedo Renteria, 30, was granted a postponement in the musician's bail hearing during Renteria's court appearance Wednesday in Brampton, the Toronto Star reported Thursday.
Police allege the Ecuadorian-born rapper's Hummer H2 hit a minivan in which the boy was riding in the early morning hours of New Years Day.
Renteria has been charged with dangerous driving causing death, criminal negligence causing death, and failure to remain at the scene of an accident.
Renteria's mother, Luisa Balladares, also faces a charge of obstructing police in the case. She is free on bond.
Renteria is best known by his rap moniker in Latin America. His single "Algo Bueno" was released last summer and has scored more than 1 million hits on YouTube. He moved to Canada in 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women