Parametric Solutions, which has developed a niche as an aerospace and aviation product designer, announced it will add 130 jobs over the next two years at its operation in Jupiter.
This is the second recent expansion for Parametric Solutions, which added 50 jobs in 2011.
"The company's growth has been remarkable," said Kelly Smallridge, president of the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, the economic development agency.
She said the county offers "an attractive environment for aviation, aerospace and engineering companies," noting that the county has 630 such companies.
Parametric Solutions' announcement comes on the heels of Pratt & Whitney's new commitment in November to Palm Beach County, adding a jet-engine production line at its plant near Jupiter.
The company is owned and operated by Catherine Haas Barre, whose resume includes positions at Pratt & Whitney and GE Aircraft Engines. Clients have included GE, Motorola, Pratt & Whitney, Siemens, Westinghouse, Johnstown America and Beckman Coulter.
In its 40,000 square-foot plant, Parametric Solutions has both engineering offices and manufacturing space. The company assembles turbine engine prototypes for aircraft and power generation applications.
The company will be hiring more engineers and technicians for design, analysis, hardware procurement, instrumentation assembly and test services, according to a press release from the Governor's Office.
While state and county incentive packages have become almost routine in local jobs announcements, none were awarded to Parametric Solutions in connection with its job-creation plans.
Joining Parametric for the announcement on Wednesday, Gov. Rick Scott said he would like to see the sales tax eliminated for manufacturers when they purchase equipment. "We want more manufacturers to buy equipment they need to grow and create more jobs," he said.
Jupiter Mayor Karen Golonka said expansion of companies such as Parametric Solutions "are vital to our community's economic growth and the continued diversification of our area."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women