BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Aberdeen Group, a Harte-Hanks Company (NYSE: HHS), today announced the publication of new research reports from its Supply Chain Management, Human Capital Management, and Business Intelligence (BI) research practices.
"Sales and Operations Planning: A Global Comparison," prepared by Bryan Ball, Vice President and Principal Analyst of Aberdeen's Supply Chain Management research practice, identifies Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) as a critical process for any company interested in strong performance. When considering this process, however, a frequently asked question is, "How does the S&OP process differ, if at all, from region to region or country to country?" This report examines differences regarding business pressures, capabilities, and technology enablers in place, providing insights on potential solutions to common problems experienced across geographies. To obtain a complimentary copy of this report, please visit: http://www.aberdeen.com/link/sponsor.asp?spid=30410182&cid=7854&camp=2.
Also prepared by Ball, "Demand Planning Segmentation: Getting the MAX Out of Your Business" reveals the importance of the Demand Planning function and emphasizes the need to constantly seek accuracy while knowing that 100% attainment may never be achieved. For companies offering products in multiple sizes, colors, special attributes, packaging, or channel configurations, the forecasting challenge is great. Determining how much of a product or product type to commit to certain channels, customers, or configurations only compounds the problem. Companies dealing with these issues frequently turn to demand segmentation as the best solution. This document examines where and why demand segmentation is typically utilized, and describes the capabilities and benefits achieved through effective demand segmentation. To obtain a complimentary copy of this report, visit: http://www.aberdeen.com/link/sponsor.asp?spid=30410182&cid=8179&camp=2.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief