Stepfan Taylor rushed for 88 yards with a score Tuesday and No. 8 Stanford held off Wisconsin 20-14 to claim the 2013 Rose Bowl.
Taylor carried the ball 20 times and scored one of two first-period touchdowns for the Cardinal (12-2), which sealed the victory when Usua Amanam intercepted a Curt Phillips pass with 2 minutes remaining.
Kevin Hogan completed 12-of-19 passes for 123 yards and Kelsey Young ran for a score for Stanford, which won its first Rose Bowl since 1972.
Montee Ball rambled for 100 yards with a touchdown on 24 carries for the Badgers (8-6), who were appearing in the post-season game due to NCAA bans on Big Ten conference champion Ohio State and Penn State.
He became the first player in NCAA history to score TDs in three different Rose Bowls.
Wisconsin Athletic Director Barry Alverez led the squad in the absence of former Coach Bret Bielema, who left for Arkansas last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable