Stepfan Taylor rushed for 88 yards with a score Tuesday and No. 8 Stanford held off Wisconsin 20-14 to claim the 2013 Rose Bowl.
Taylor carried the ball 20 times and scored one of two first-period touchdowns for the Cardinal (12-2), which sealed the victory when Usua Amanam intercepted a Curt Phillips pass with 2 minutes remaining.
Kevin Hogan completed 12-of-19 passes for 123 yards and Kelsey Young ran for a score for Stanford, which won its first Rose Bowl since 1972.
Montee Ball rambled for 100 yards with a touchdown on 24 carries for the Badgers (8-6), who were appearing in the post-season game due to NCAA bans on Big Ten conference champion Ohio State and Penn State.
He became the first player in NCAA history to score TDs in three different Rose Bowls.
Wisconsin Athletic Director Barry Alverez led the squad in the absence of former Coach Bret Bielema, who left for Arkansas last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row