The Middleby Corp. on Monday announced the acquisition of Viking Range Corp. for $380 million in cash.
Headquartered in Greenwood, Miss., Viking has approximately $200 million in annual revenue.
"This acquisition strategically positions Middleby as a leading manufacturer in the sector with a top brand," Chairman and CEO Selim A. Bassoul said in a statement. "The acquisition of Viking allows us to integrate our own patented technologies that will have a huge appeal to consumers for their residential kitchens. These technologies include speed cooking, induction and truvection."
Viking joins the TurboChef, Jade and MagiKitch'n brands at Elgin-based Middleby. "We are combining leading commercial cooking companies with a leading residential cooking company. We are so excited to take what we've learned from the professional chef and bring it to the residential chef," Bassoul continued.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos