The second season of 'The X Factor' premieres on Fox this week. So does the third season of 'The Voice'. Two singing competitions in direct scheduling competition with each other? Things are already getting testy.
RELATED: Britney Spears on 'X Factor': Next Stage of Christina Aguilera Rivalry?
'The Voice' boasts celebrity singers Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green, and Maroon 5's Adam Levine. 'The X Factor' has celebrity judge and American Idol alum Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and the newly appointed Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
NBC announced the scheduling of 'The Voice' only one week ago, which came as a surprise to the opposition.
Producer of 'The X Factor' Cowell commented on a phone call with journalists that he feels like NBC scheduling 'The Voice' in direct competition with 'The X Factor' violates a gentlemen's agreement of sorts. According to Examiner.com, Cowell said:
"I am pissed off about it because I think there is kind of a gentlemen's agreement, but you have to rely that the viewers will make the right selection. I think three nights in a row is too much. I think there is a lot of interest, rightly so, in our show because of Britney, Demi, the way the show is going to look. We're going to see what happens. But I've learned: Don't make any predictions."
'The X Factor' airs on Fox on Sept. 12 and 13 8 p.m., while 'The Voice' airs on NBC on Sept. 10, 11 and 12, 2012, also 8 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Sina Loses License Over Porn