The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop on various classifications of employees as part of its Lunch and Learn series.
The workshop will be held at Buster's in National City on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and will be presented by Lydia P. Stewart of the California state Employment Development Dept.
Topics to be discussed include:
-- How to distinguish between an employee and an independent contractor
-- The basics of statutory employment
-- Independent contractor reporting requirements
-- Ways to get assistance
-- Common misconceptions for independent contractors
Buster's is located at 740 Bay Marina Drive, National City.
Cost is $15 for SDCHCC and Greater San Diego Business Association members, and $20 for nonmembers.
Click here to register.
Please contact Melissa at 858-268-0790 with any questions.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida