The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop on various classifications of employees as part of its Lunch and Learn series.
The workshop will be held at Buster's in National City on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and will be presented by Lydia P. Stewart of the California state Employment Development Dept.
Topics to be discussed include:
-- How to distinguish between an employee and an independent contractor
-- The basics of statutory employment
-- Independent contractor reporting requirements
-- Ways to get assistance
-- Common misconceptions for independent contractors
Buster's is located at 740 Bay Marina Drive, National City.
Cost is $15 for SDCHCC and Greater San Diego Business Association members, and $20 for nonmembers.
Click here to register.
Please contact Melissa at 858-268-0790 with any questions.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers