The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop on various classifications of employees as part of its Lunch and Learn series.
The workshop will be held at Buster's in National City on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and will be presented by Lydia P. Stewart of the California state Employment Development Dept.
Topics to be discussed include:
-- How to distinguish between an employee and an independent contractor
-- The basics of statutory employment
-- Independent contractor reporting requirements
-- Ways to get assistance
-- Common misconceptions for independent contractors
Buster's is located at 740 Bay Marina Drive, National City.
Cost is $15 for SDCHCC and Greater San Diego Business Association members, and $20 for nonmembers.
Click here to register.
Please contact Melissa at 858-268-0790 with any questions.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point