The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop on various classifications of employees as part of its Lunch and Learn series.
The workshop will be held at Buster's in National City on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and will be presented by Lydia P. Stewart of the California state Employment Development Dept.
Topics to be discussed include:
-- How to distinguish between an employee and an independent contractor
-- The basics of statutory employment
-- Independent contractor reporting requirements
-- Ways to get assistance
-- Common misconceptions for independent contractors
Buster's is located at 740 Bay Marina Drive, National City.
Cost is $15 for SDCHCC and Greater San Diego Business Association members, and $20 for nonmembers.
Click here to register.
Please contact Melissa at 858-268-0790 with any questions.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot