The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a workshop on various classifications of employees as part of its Lunch and Learn series.
The workshop will be held at Buster's in National City on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and will be presented by Lydia P. Stewart of the California state Employment Development Dept.
Topics to be discussed include:
-- How to distinguish between an employee and an independent contractor
-- The basics of statutory employment
-- Independent contractor reporting requirements
-- Ways to get assistance
-- Common misconceptions for independent contractors
Buster's is located at 740 Bay Marina Drive, National City.
Cost is $15 for SDCHCC and Greater San Diego Business Association members, and $20 for nonmembers.
Click here to register.
Please contact Melissa at 858-268-0790 with any questions.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya