Rihanna kicked off last night's MTV Video Music Awards - and bagged the top honor.
The singer opened the show with a performance of new single Cockiness (I Love It) with rapper A$AP Rockey and We Found Love.
She went on to win the video of the year for hit We Found Love at the Los Angeles show.
British boy band One Direction won three awards - best pop video, best new artist and most share-worthy video - to the delight of their screaming young fans.
Niall Horan said: "We have grown up watching this show and to even be here is an honour."
Pink floated above the crowd on a pair of oversized lips to perform new song Blow Me (One Last Kiss) and Taylor Swift shed her goodie image by diving into the crowd after performing her new hit We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Chris Brown won best male video category for his video Turn Up The Music, and best choreography, while M.I.A. was the night's only other multiple winner.
He was honoured for direction and cinematography.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green