Rihanna kicked off last night's MTV Video Music Awards - and bagged the top honor.
The singer opened the show with a performance of new single Cockiness (I Love It) with rapper A$AP Rockey and We Found Love.
She went on to win the video of the year for hit We Found Love at the Los Angeles show.
British boy band One Direction won three awards - best pop video, best new artist and most share-worthy video - to the delight of their screaming young fans.
Niall Horan said: "We have grown up watching this show and to even be here is an honour."
Pink floated above the crowd on a pair of oversized lips to perform new song Blow Me (One Last Kiss) and Taylor Swift shed her goodie image by diving into the crowd after performing her new hit We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Chris Brown won best male video category for his video Turn Up The Music, and best choreography, while M.I.A. was the night's only other multiple winner.
He was honoured for direction and cinematography.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits