Rihanna kicked off last night's MTV Video Music Awards - and bagged the top honor.
The singer opened the show with a performance of new single Cockiness (I Love It) with rapper A$AP Rockey and We Found Love.
She went on to win the video of the year for hit We Found Love at the Los Angeles show.
British boy band One Direction won three awards - best pop video, best new artist and most share-worthy video - to the delight of their screaming young fans.
Niall Horan said: "We have grown up watching this show and to even be here is an honour."
Pink floated above the crowd on a pair of oversized lips to perform new song Blow Me (One Last Kiss) and Taylor Swift shed her goodie image by diving into the crowd after performing her new hit We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Chris Brown won best male video category for his video Turn Up The Music, and best choreography, while M.I.A. was the night's only other multiple winner.
He was honoured for direction and cinematography.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse