Rihanna kicked off last night's MTV Video Music Awards - and bagged the top honor.
The singer opened the show with a performance of new single Cockiness (I Love It) with rapper A$AP Rockey and We Found Love.
She went on to win the video of the year for hit We Found Love at the Los Angeles show.
British boy band One Direction won three awards - best pop video, best new artist and most share-worthy video - to the delight of their screaming young fans.
Niall Horan said: "We have grown up watching this show and to even be here is an honour."
Pink floated above the crowd on a pair of oversized lips to perform new song Blow Me (One Last Kiss) and Taylor Swift shed her goodie image by diving into the crowd after performing her new hit We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Chris Brown won best male video category for his video Turn Up The Music, and best choreography, while M.I.A. was the night's only other multiple winner.
He was honoured for direction and cinematography.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women