Rihanna hugged, then briefly kissed ex-boyfriend Chris Brown just moments after her big win at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The sometimes turbulent relationship between the two turned sweet for a brief interlude Thursday night during a commercial break after the pop star won video of the year for her hit "We Found Love."
MTV showed the grainy footage shot from a distance on its website Friday. As Rihanna walks off stage, she smiles and reaches out to embrace Brown. She gives him a quick kiss, then tussles his newly bleached blond hair as she exits.
Related: Rihanna Scores Top Honor at MTV VMAs
The two split in 2009 after Brown attacked her, leaving her bruised and battered. She recently told Oprah Winfrey she still has feelings for Brown, though the two are not involved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc. © 2012, YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say