Rihanna hugged, then briefly kissed ex-boyfriend Chris Brown just moments after her big win at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The sometimes turbulent relationship between the two turned sweet for a brief interlude Thursday night during a commercial break after the pop star won video of the year for her hit "We Found Love."
MTV showed the grainy footage shot from a distance on its website Friday. As Rihanna walks off stage, she smiles and reaches out to embrace Brown. She gives him a quick kiss, then tussles his newly bleached blond hair as she exits.
Related: Rihanna Scores Top Honor at MTV VMAs
The two split in 2009 after Brown attacked her, leaving her bruised and battered. She recently told Oprah Winfrey she still has feelings for Brown, though the two are not involved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc. © 2012, YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend