Rihanna hugged, then briefly kissed ex-boyfriend Chris Brown just moments after her big win at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The sometimes turbulent relationship between the two turned sweet for a brief interlude Thursday night during a commercial break after the pop star won video of the year for her hit "We Found Love."
MTV showed the grainy footage shot from a distance on its website Friday. As Rihanna walks off stage, she smiles and reaches out to embrace Brown. She gives him a quick kiss, then tussles his newly bleached blond hair as she exits.
Related: Rihanna Scores Top Honor at MTV VMAs
The two split in 2009 after Brown attacked her, leaving her bruised and battered. She recently told Oprah Winfrey she still has feelings for Brown, though the two are not involved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc. © 2012, YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women