Rihanna hugged, then briefly kissed ex-boyfriend Chris Brown just moments after her big win at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The sometimes turbulent relationship between the two turned sweet for a brief interlude Thursday night during a commercial break after the pop star won video of the year for her hit "We Found Love."
MTV showed the grainy footage shot from a distance on its website Friday. As Rihanna walks off stage, she smiles and reaches out to embrace Brown. She gives him a quick kiss, then tussles his newly bleached blond hair as she exits.
Related: Rihanna Scores Top Honor at MTV VMAs
The two split in 2009 after Brown attacked her, leaving her bruised and battered. She recently told Oprah Winfrey she still has feelings for Brown, though the two are not involved.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc. © 2012, YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence