Kroger's fiscal second-quarter net income dipped, but its earnings beat Wall Street's view and the supermarket chain raised its fiscal 2012 earnings outlook.
The Cincinnati company earned $279.1 million, or 51 cents per share. Its stock rose nearly 2 percent in premarket trading Friday.
The Cincinnati company earned $279.1 million, or 51 cents per share. That's down from $280.8 million, or 46 cents per share, a year ago. It had fewer outstanding shares in the current quarter.
Revenue, including fuel, climbed 4 percent to $21.73 billion.
Analysts expected earnings of 49 cents per share on revenue of $21.89 billion.
Kroger Co. now anticipates fiscal 2012 earnings of $2.35 to $2.42 per share, up from $2.33 to $2.40 per share.
Analysts predict $2.38 per share.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women