Brad Pitt said he hopes his films, such as the Glasgow-shot zombie film "World War Z," will be a legacy for his children to watch when they are older.
Pitt was speaking as he attended a special screening of his new crime thriller, "Killing Them Softly," at The May Fair Hotel in London.
Pitt said he is not too bothered about making films his kids can watch now.
"It was kind of the reason for the zombie film I've done (World War Z) - my boys are going to like that one. But I'm actually more interested in the films that they're going to enjoy when they're adults," he said.
His comments came as another movie set cameras rolling in Glasgow.
Filming for Fast and Furious 6 got under way late last night on the Broomielaw, and was expected to involve a high-speed car race along the Clydeside.
Film crews have been carrying out night time shoots in the area for the action film starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.
Last week a new glass-fronted structure appeared on the Broomielaw as part of the set for the film.
And a crew of more than 250 people - both locals and from out of town - are in place to record the sixth offering in the car chase film franchise.
Filming began last Wednesday and is expected to end on September 16.
However, there will be less for local people to see than during the filming of World War Z or Cloud Atlas as the scenes are filmed overnight.
Road closures have been in operation on the Broomielaw between Oswald Street and Newton Street.
Other roads will also be affected by closures, beginning at Waterloo Street and running down to Robertson Street.
People living in the area were sent letters from the film's location manager warning of noise from "high-speed car chases, crashes, controlled explosions, car flips and intermittent gunfire".
A service of YellowBrix, Inc. © 2012, YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11