The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will kick off Hispanic Heritage Month with its annual Hispanic Gala at the Science Museum of Virginia on Sept. 12.
The gala will present the Bridge Builder Award to U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis and NASA, among other notable recipients. Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell will give the opening remarks.
Past recipients include former President Vicente Fox of Mexico and U.S. Cabinet members Carlos M. Gutierrez and Anna Escobedo Cabral.
Hispanic Heritage Month runs Sept. 15-Oct. 15.
"National Hispanic Heritage Month is the time to acknowledge and celebrate the great contributions of Hispanic Americans," said Michel Zajur, president of the VAHCC. "The Hispanic Gala is an opportunity for everyone to celebrate the contributions of Hispanic businesses and the Hispanic community."
Related: Nominations Are Open for HABLA, HABLA Youth Scholarship in Atlanta
Now in its ninth year, the Hispanic Gala expects 700 attendees, including ambassadors, governors of Virginia, elected officials, entrepreneurs and business leaders. The evening will begin with a cocktail reception followed by a four-course gourmet meal, entertaining performances by the Latin Ballet of Virginia, music and dancing.
A portion of the proceeds of the Hispanic Gala support bilingual business workshops, seminars, and business-assistance programs.
Limited tickets and sponsorship opportunities are available. Visit www.thehispanicgala.com for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills