CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 09/06/12 -- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is proud to announce that Google, Whole Foods, 3M, Pepsi, and McDonald's will serve as a judge for the 2012 WOMMY Awards Competition. Other prominent brand marketers that will judge the best word of mouth and social media marketing case studies of 2012 include AT&T, MasterCard, Procter & Gamble, Dell, Hershey's, and Heinz.
"The prestigious WOMMY Awards are made possible by this incredible list of judges who are donating their time and expertise," said Suzanne Fanning, President of WOMMA. "These folks are excelling in our field at the highest level, and we are honored to have them working with WOMMA to identify the most outstanding case studies in word of mouth and social media marketing for 2012."
The WOMMYs give companies the opportunity to compete against some the brightest and most innovative brands in the world. Any marketer, brand or partner that has leveraged the word of mouth medium and implemented a great idea that has made a business impact is encouraged to submit.
The 2012 WOMMY Awards is divided into eight categories. Those categories and judges include:
Introduction Award: Best word of mouth communication program to introduce new products/services
•Joshua Karpf: Director of Digital, Pepsi •Beletra Atwaters: Manager of U.S. Comm., McDonald's •David Armano: EVP, Edelman •Victor Lee: VP, Hasbro •Matt Moller: Dir. Digital Engagement, Samsung •Robert Ricci: GSVP, Marina Maher •Allison Kronick: Global Relation, Google •Beletra Atwaters: Comm. Manager, McDonald's •Christine Morrison: Sr. Social Media Manager, Intuit •Sharyn Smith: Director of Social Media and Performance, The Soup
Momentum Award: Best word of mouth program to juice existing products/services
•Anna Lingeris: Manager, Global PR & Consumer Engagement, Hershey •Gerard Babitts: Group Leader, Heinz •Paul Rand: President and CEO, Zocalo Group •Asit Gupta: CEO, Advocacy WOM Ltd •Stephanie Agresta: EVP, Weber Shandwick •Peter Storck: SVP, HouseParty •Jason Lankow: CEO, Column Five Media
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'