The Smashing Pumpkins return to Cain's Ballroom for an intimate Sept. 28 concert.
This is an exclusive "warm-up" date for Billy Corgan's influential rock act -- the band launches its arena tour this fall. Band members are Corgan on vocals and guitar, Nicole Fiorentino on bass, Jeff Schroeder on guitar, and Mike Byrne on drums.
The band's 2010 jaunt through Cain's sold out with a standing-room-only crowd. The band will perform music from its acclaimed album "Oceania," the band's publicist said in a media statement. USA Today said Corgan's "creative engines are roaring with an intensity and creative pluck unmatched since his mid-'90s classics."
The Los Angeles Times said "Oceania" is "the best thing the Pumpkins have done since the '90s."
The set also will include classics and deep cuts. "Oceania" was created in his private Chicago studio and released in June, when it hit the No. 1 spot on Independent Albums Chart and No. 4 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart.
Tickets start at $44, plus fees, and go on sale 10 a.m. Friday, available at all Reasor's grocery stores, Starship Records and Ida Red, by phone at 918-584-2306 or at Doors will open 7 p.m., showtime is 8 p.m. The show is all-ages. There is a strict six-ticket maximum per person, per card.
Presale runs 10 a.m. Wednesday to 10 a.m. Thursday at tulsaworld.com/smashpresale The password is teargarden.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column