The Hispanic Achievement and Business Leadership Awards (HABLA) is now accepting award nominations for Hispanics who have made business and civic achievements and accomplishments in the Atlanta Hispanic community. The 5th annual HABLA Atlanta Awards will recognize contributions and successes in the following four categories as nominated by the community at large:
• Corporate executive
• Unsung hero
HABLA nominations are being accepted at www.HABLAawards.com and must be received prior to 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, Sept. 16. The HABLA Awards luncheon, presented by Verizon and produced by Lanza Group will take place Thursday, Oct. 11.
HABLA, in contribution with Verizon, will award a $5,000 scholarship to a deserving high school senior entering college in the fall of 2013 or currently attending college as a freshman. The Verizon HABLA Scholarship is presented in an effort to keep the community moving forward through education and community involvement.
Scholarship nominations are currently available at www.HABLAawards.com and must be received prior to 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, Sept. 16.
"Great things are happening in Atlanta's Latino business community and there is no better time to recognize these efforts than during Hispanic Heritage Month," said Jonathan LeCompte, president – Georgia/Alabama region, Verizon Wireless.
HABLA is a tribute to Latino business and civic leaders and will highlight the Atlanta Hispanic communities' many accomplishments. HABLA serves as the closing ceremony to Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations throughout Atlanta and provides these role models with the recognition they merit.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures