The Hispanic Achievement and Business Leadership Awards (HABLA) is now accepting award nominations for Hispanics who have made business and civic achievements and accomplishments in the Atlanta Hispanic community. The 5th annual HABLA Atlanta Awards will recognize contributions and successes in the following four categories as nominated by the community at large:
• Corporate executive
• Unsung hero
HABLA nominations are being accepted at www.HABLAawards.com and must be received prior to 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, Sept. 16. The HABLA Awards luncheon, presented by Verizon and produced by Lanza Group will take place Thursday, Oct. 11.
HABLA, in contribution with Verizon, will award a $5,000 scholarship to a deserving high school senior entering college in the fall of 2013 or currently attending college as a freshman. The Verizon HABLA Scholarship is presented in an effort to keep the community moving forward through education and community involvement.
Scholarship nominations are currently available at www.HABLAawards.com and must be received prior to 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, Sept. 16.
"Great things are happening in Atlanta's Latino business community and there is no better time to recognize these efforts than during Hispanic Heritage Month," said Jonathan LeCompte, president – Georgia/Alabama region, Verizon Wireless.
HABLA is a tribute to Latino business and civic leaders and will highlight the Atlanta Hispanic communities' many accomplishments. HABLA serves as the closing ceremony to Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations throughout Atlanta and provides these role models with the recognition they merit.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors