AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 09/05/12 -- IBC Expo -- Conax, a leading provider of solutions for protecting multi-device content distribution, announced today that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices. It will also address the operational processes and procedures required for DNA to support advanced multiscreen services, and to prepare DNA on the path to the emerging over-the-top market. Together with DNA, the partners will explore the features and functionality of the Conax Xtend Multiscreen solution.
-"Conax is very excited to be chosen by long-time customer DNA to participate in this very exciting multiscreen pilot project, says Tom Jahr, EVP Products and Partners, Conax. Conax is already providing DNA with best-in-class security and is looking forward to working closely with DNA, and partners Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio to assess feasibility, functionality and price/performance for positioning DNA in the evolving market within OTT content distribution."
The Conax partnering strategy includes combining complementary technologies in a pre-integrated solution to remove operator risk of untested product combinations for reduced cost, time-to-market and smooth transition to new advanced services for connected devices. Conax Xtend Multiscreen combines Cubiware's flexible middleware for advanced user interface technologies, MPS Broadband's MPS Publishing Platform for publishing and managing video content and Peer2View® for distribution acceleration, Envivio's encoder technology and Conax' proven record within security.
- Mikko Saarentaus, Business Director (TV&VAS), DNA, "DNA sees the future of TV to be about multiscreen service. This pilot gives us a great opportunity to learn about the end users´ impression on multiscreen services and to better understand the customers' needs and how they like to use the services. The DNA team will work closely with the pilot partners to address the operational processes and procedures required for DNA to offer integrated support for delivering advanced services to connected devices such as hybrid client devices, tablets and smart phones and position our operations for growth within over-the-top content distribution."
Conax' benchmark pre-integrated Conax Xtend Multiscreen partner solution has the potential to set a new standard in terms of price/performance for multiscreen solutions in the industry - dramatically reducing operational complexity and cost and time-to-market for the delivery of content through advanced services to connected devices, compared to costly competitor solutions with lengthy conformity testing and implementation times.
About DNA (www.dna.fi)
DNA Ltd is a Finnish telecommunications company offering high-quality voice, data and digital television services using the latest technology. DNA's customers include private customers, corporations and other organizations. In 2011, DNA recorded a turnover of EUR 728 million and an operating profit of EUR 51 million. DNA has more than 3 million mobile and fixed-line network customers.
About Conax (www.conax.com)
Conax provides future-oriented security solutions that empower multi-screen digital TV content providers around the globe to deliver premium content over the combined Over-The-Top scenario of broadcast, broadband and connected devices, securely and eliminating potential revenue threats. Conax technology secures content for operators representing 125 million pay TV consumers in over 80 countries around the globe.
ISO 9001 & 27001 certified, Conax is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and represented in Russia, Germany, Brazil, USA, Canada, Mexico, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, China, Singapore, with 24/7 Global Support operations in India. Follow Conax on Twitter
Conax press contact
Head of Public Relations
Phone: +47 41 45 80 43
DNA Corporate Communications
Phone: +358 44 044 8000
Most Popular Stories
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message