BURBANK, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/04/12 -- The Will Rogers Institute (WRI) -- you've probably heard of us at the movies, but maybe you're not fully aware of everything we do for the public. We're a national charitable health program focused on funding the research of debilitating lung disorders, medical school training fellowships and distribution of free health education materials to the general public.
We're also a national leader in providing life-saving neonatal ventilator equipment to hospitals across the country. The WRI has provided grants from California to New York, and many cities in between. Since the inception of the program in 2006 -- we have granted $3.1 million to nearly 50 needy hospitals across the United States. In 2012 alone, we were able to fund 12 medical facilities with $400,000 worth of equipment. Our objective is simple -- to place as many ventilators as our annual budget will allow, with the ultimate goal of saving as many babies' lives as possible.
The Will Rogers Institute has partnered with AMC Theatres, and with the TheBump.com, to provide a movie-going experience especially for new mothers, and generate much needed funds for the Will Rogers Institute.
It's a play date for parents and caregivers! Cry babies? Breast feeding? Stroller parking? No worries! Catch a current movie you want to see on the first Tuesday of every month.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition