Tecate, cerveza con carácter, is leveraging its authenticity and Mexican heritage to launch Tecate Michelada, a ready-to-drink mix that follows the traditional michelada recipe.
The product will be available at retail throughout the Western and Central regions of the U.S., in 16 oz. single-serve cans for adults 21 and older beginning in September.
"Beer mixes are growing in popularity among Mexican consumers in the U.S. and have shown sustainable growth over the past three years," said Felix Palau, vice president of marketing for Tecate. "This new product line is perfect for consumers that feel like having a beer that has a little something extra and is ready to be enjoyed on the spot."
Tecate Michelada follows the same traditional brewing process of Tecate to the master brewer's exact specifications. The beer is then carefully blended with the refreshing taste of lime, spices and a hint of chili pepper to create a well-balanced, bold flavored beer mix with a deep golden color.
Tecate Michelada's launch will be supported through out-of-home advertising, as well as in-store promotions including POS signage. Additionally, Tecate Michelada will host a series of consumer engagement events in key markets throughout September and October.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women