There's a new yellow bird in town, and he looks a lot like Queen's frontman Freddie Mercury.
Rovio, the makers of the popular mobile phone game Angry Birds are teaming with Freddie For a Day to support and raise funds for the Mercury Phoenix Trust - Fighting Aids Worldwide in honor of the singer's birthday, Sept. 5.
The new Freddie Mercury Angry Bird is yellow, has mustache, dons a crown and a wifebeater, and sits atop a wooden bicycle, inspired by Queen's song "Bicycle Race."
A video introducing the Freddie Mercury Angry Bird was made available on Rovio's YouTube channel. (See it below)
"Freddie for a Day is such a great way to honor Freddie's fun and flamboyant spirit while delivering an important message, and we're delighted to be supporting them in our own Angry Birds style," said Rovio CMO Peter Vesterbacka in a press release. "Queen's music has endured for a reason, because its creativity and contagious fun appeals to fans of all ages, and we're happy to help keep Freddie's memory and music alive for new generations of fans."
Watch Freddie Mercury video below:
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation