Halloween is closer than you think, and getting your Halloween costume squared away will help prevent last-minute blunders like this Halloween costume from a few years ago. In fact, you might not even need to jump online for an easy Halloween costume solution.
While ordering costumes online is easy and potentially convenient, it's often better to hold it in your hand or even try it on to make sure there are no Halloween Night costume malfunctions. So what are your options?
-- Halloween Costume Rental: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 1,719 costume rental and formal wear establishments across the nation (figures as of 2009). That means most every urban locale should have a place where you can consider a high-quality Halloween costume rental, and hold it in your hands to boot.
-- Big Box Stores: Stores such as Target (about 1,750 locations) and Wal-Mart (about 8,500 locations) are known for having a bevy of affordable costumes for purchase.
-- Thrift Stores: Yesterday's giveaways are tomorrow's treasures -- find your local thrift store with online searchable databases such as ThriftShopper.com. Plenty of opportunities for a creative -- and affordable -- costume for any occasion.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas