Halloween is closer than you think, and getting your Halloween costume squared away will help prevent last-minute blunders like this Halloween costume from a few years ago. In fact, you might not even need to jump online for an easy Halloween costume solution.
While ordering costumes online is easy and potentially convenient, it's often better to hold it in your hand or even try it on to make sure there are no Halloween Night costume malfunctions. So what are your options?
-- Halloween Costume Rental: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 1,719 costume rental and formal wear establishments across the nation (figures as of 2009). That means most every urban locale should have a place where you can consider a high-quality Halloween costume rental, and hold it in your hands to boot.
-- Big Box Stores: Stores such as Target (about 1,750 locations) and Wal-Mart (about 8,500 locations) are known for having a bevy of affordable costumes for purchase.
-- Thrift Stores: Yesterday's giveaways are tomorrow's treasures -- find your local thrift store with online searchable databases such as ThriftShopper.com. Plenty of opportunities for a creative -- and affordable -- costume for any occasion.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'