Halloween is closer than you think, and getting your Halloween costume squared away will help prevent last-minute blunders like this Halloween costume from a few years ago. In fact, you might not even need to jump online for an easy Halloween costume solution.
While ordering costumes online is easy and potentially convenient, it's often better to hold it in your hand or even try it on to make sure there are no Halloween Night costume malfunctions. So what are your options?
-- Halloween Costume Rental: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 1,719 costume rental and formal wear establishments across the nation (figures as of 2009). That means most every urban locale should have a place where you can consider a high-quality Halloween costume rental, and hold it in your hands to boot.
-- Big Box Stores: Stores such as Target (about 1,750 locations) and Wal-Mart (about 8,500 locations) are known for having a bevy of affordable costumes for purchase.
-- Thrift Stores: Yesterday's giveaways are tomorrow's treasures -- find your local thrift store with online searchable databases such as ThriftShopper.com. Plenty of opportunities for a creative -- and affordable -- costume for any occasion.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project