The Real Madrid manager, Jose Mourinho, plans to emulate his Manchester United counterpart, Sir Alex Ferguson, by continuing to coach until he is in his seventies. Mourinho turns 50 in January and says he can envisage spending another 20 years in the sport.
"I understand perfectly why Alex is still in the job and I think I will be the same," the Portuguese said yesterday. "I love football so much, I love coaching so much. I will still be very young when I become 50 and I believe I have a lot in front of me."
Mourinho, is trying to become the first coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs after triumphs with Porto in 2004 and Internazionale in 2010.
"I'm such a happy person because what I have done so far I think is amazing," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'