Luke Donald on Sunday got the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup underway as he was first on the tee-box in his match against Masters champion Bubba Watson.
With the US leading the prestigious team event 10-6 and needing just 4.5 points from the 12 individual matches, pressure is on the European players to be at their best.
With vociferous crowd again rallying behind the US team, Donald was not intimidated and he will hope that his first shot set the tone of things to come as his drive ended up right in the middle of the fairway.
In perfect golf-weather Watson pulled his drive to the right but recovered well to square the opening hole at the Medinah Country Club.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court