ARCADIA, WI -- (Marketwire) -- 09/28/12 -- It's the long-standing favorite of hip city dwellers who embrace the idea that bright is beautiful -- and less is more. But modern furniture is drawing on more than just its reputation for uncluttered, art-inspired designs. Today, the iconic bright colors, pop art and sci-fi shapes of mid-century modern furniture are giving way to more understated colors and up-market designs, like those offered in the chic new Metro Modern furniture line from Ashley.
"Our new Euro-modern styles perfectly marry a light-filled, uncluttered, high-tech home with a comfortable, high-style, luxurious one," says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. "This look is style with an edgy vibe. White leather. Black finishes. Clean textures. Chrome. These are some of the elements that make Euro style the hottest trend. It's modern style -- all grown up!"
Ashley's new Euro pieces are smaller in scale for those who are space-challenged, as well as clean-lined with no ornamentation for a cool esthetic. They include:
Small-scale sectionals, modulars and sofas. The sleek Metro Modern design of the Tosha-Linen upholstery collection, for example, features modular pieces that create a number of set-up combinations to fit within any living area -- without sacrificing the comfort of the thick, boxed-seat cushions and backs surrounded in a soft chenille fabric.
Sleek, space saving tables. Choose from faux marble, travertine, chrome, and more for a cool, sophisticated palate that awakens the décor of any living area. You can even choose a unique functional nesting design, like the one offered in Ashley's Lapeer tables, which features the rich look of the brushed nickel and glass.
Innovative lighting designs. Say goodbye to sloped or angled lamp shades. Ashley's new designs feature straight shapes, including rectangular styles, like the Maxine Table Lamp, the drum-shaped Penny Lamp Set, as well as square and circular styles.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women