Pop star Lady Gaga shared a New York poet's YouTube video on her Twitter feed, rocketing it from about 800 views to more than 20,000.
The "Poker Face" singer shared a YouTube video of poet Caroline Rothstein performing an eating disorder-themed piece titled "Fat" on her Twitter account, pulling the video from its months-long obscurity and bringing it to more than 20,000 views, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
"It's really quite amazing," said Rothstein, who said the poem was inspired by her own struggles with eating disorders.
"Welcome to the revolution," Lady Gaga tweeted in sharing the video.
Lady Gaga has recently been scrutinized by observers for her own weight gain and revealed this week she has struggled with eating disorders.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women