Lady Gaga has hit back at critics - namely tabloids and gossip sites - who published pictures of her looking fuller-figured onstage (the veracity of which remain uncertain) with the suggestion that she has "piled on the pounds."
While admitting she has put on weight, this week the singer took to her blog, Little Monsters, to post pictures of herself wearing a bra and thong, alongside captions that included "This is who I am. And I am proud at any size," and, "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15."
She then used Twitter to announce the launch of a sub-section of her site called Body Revolution and invited her fans to post photos of themselves which celebrated their "triumph over insecurities." Good on her for standing up to the bullying, which has seen such ugly headlines as "The fat Lady Gaga sings" and "Looking meaty!"
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable