Fiksu, Inc. (www.fiksu.com), developer of the award-winning Fiksu for Mobile Apps Marketing Platform that combines advanced media optimization technology with the world's largest app media inventory, today reported that demand for the iPhone 5 prompted a decrease in app downloads and mobile app marketing costs in August.
The Fiksu App Store Competitive Index (which measures the average aggregate daily download volume of the top 200 free U.S. iPhone apps) dropped by 7.3 percent to 4.05 million daily downloads in August, down from 4.37 million in July.
The Fiksu Cost per Loyal User Index decreased by 20 cents in August to $1.34, representing an almost 13 percent drop from $1.54 in July.
The Fiksu Indexes measure monthly fluctuations in competition for rank in the Apple App Store, and the cost to acquire loyal users(1),( )helping mobile app marketers benchmark their performance against industry averages.
"August was like the calm before the storm for app marketers," said Micah Adler, CEO, Fiksu. "Similar to the period preceding the iPhone 4S launch in 2011, we saw users once again holding off on downloading apps in the weeks before the much-anticipated iPhone 5 launch. App marketers also took the gas off their advertising spending during August, awaiting the availability of iOS 6 in September and the chance to promote updated apps. The combined effect made for a slow month overall ahead of what we expect to be a busy Q4."
For Fiksu's full analysis, visit http://www.fiksu.com/resources/fiksu-indexes#analysis.
Fiksu has accumulated more than 42.5 billion app actions, including launches, registrations and in-app purchases, as well as real time bidding requests. This data is used to drive real time optimization of ad campaigns, to help app developers acquire large volumes of loyal users at very efficient costs.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women