WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Hispanic National Bar Association praises Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on his recent announcement that Hispanic farmers and ranchers who alleged discrimination by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in the past decades can file claims until March 25, 2013.
"The announcement that the USDA is starting an administrative claims process as an alternative to litigation for Hispanic or female farmers and ranchers is a welcome path to justice for individuals who alleged discrimination between 1981-2000 in connection with USDA farm loan programs," said Peter M. Reyes, Jr., National President of the HNBA. Mr. Reyes continued, "The new claims process, which is entirely voluntary, is a testament to Secretary Vilsack's vision and leadership and an important step to correct the wrongs of the past and strengthen the USDA for the future." The HNBA applauds the USDA and Secretary Vilsack for living up to President Lincoln's vision for the USDA as the "People's Department."
About the Hispanic National Bar Association. The Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) is an incorporated, not-for-profit, national membership organization that represents the interests of the more than 100,000 Hispanic attorneys, judges, law professors, legal assistants, and law students in the United States and its Territories. For four decades the HNBA has acted as a force for positive change within the legal profession. It does so by encouraging Latino students to choose a career in the law and by promoting their advancement within the profession once they graduate and start practicing. Through a combination of issue advocacy, programmatic activities, networking events, and educational conferences, the HNBA has helped generations of lawyers succeed. Our organization is stronger today than at any point in its history and is as committed as ever to its mission. For more information, please visit http://www.hnba.com.Hispanic National Bar Association
Web site: http://www.hnba.com/
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women