Each year the National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) recognizes outstanding individuals, businesses, non-profits, educational institutions and companies through their Brillante Awards of Excellence, the most prestigious honor awarded by the organization.
The organization proudly recognizes its 2012 Brillante award recipients:
-- Brillante Award for Corporate Excellence: IBM
-- Brillante Award for Member Excellence: Cosette Gutierrez
-- Brillante Award for Community Service Excellence: Su Casa Hispanic Center
-- Brillante Award for Educational Excellence: Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
-- Brillante Award for Volunteer Excellence: Julio Rocha
"This year's award recipients truly exemplify the spirit of the Brillante awards. Our winners in each category were selected for their outstanding contribution to the Hispanic community," said Manny Gonzalez, NSHMBA CEO. "I would like to personally congratulate each winner and thank them for their efforts."
Award recipients will be recognized at the Brillante Awards Fundraising Gala, October 6 at 7:00 p.m. The gala will take place during the 23(rd) Annual NSHMBA Conference and Career Expo, which will kick off on Oct.1 4, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
Tickets to the Brillante Gala are $50 each, with proceeds from each ticket sale going toward the NSHMBA Foundation. The Foundation serves as the organizations' philanthropic partner responsible for fundraising, investing and disbursing funds in support of its shared mission to increase the number of Hispanics graduating from master's business degree programs through scholarships, professional and leadership development and mentorship.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?