Lower prices, higher duty-free limit lure flocks of Canadians to Michigan, U.S.
A growing number of Canadians are making overnight shopping trips to the U.S. this year, giving retailers in border cities such as Detroit an early Christmas present. The increase has been triggered by a strong Canadian dollar and significantly higher duty-free limits that went into effect in June.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth