Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong let loose an expletive-laden tirade after being told his band's set was being cut short at a Las Vegas music festival.
Armstrong became furious, yelling and smashing a guitar, when the group was told to wrap up its performance of "Basket Case" at the IHeartRadio festival this weekend, E! News said.
The move was made to give Usher and Rihanna more time to perform, Gawker reported.
"One minute left. One minute [expletive] left. You're gonna give me one [expletive] minute? Look at that [expletive] sign right there -- one minute. Let me [expletive] tell you something, let me tell you something, I've been around since [expletive] 198-[expletive]-8. And you're gonna give me one [expletive] minute? You've gotta be [expletive] kidding me! You're [expletive] kidding me. What the [expletive!] I'm not [expletive] Justin Bieber, you mother[expletive]... I got one minute -- one minute left. Oh, now I got nothing left. Let me show you what one [expletive] minute [expletive] means. One minute. God [expletive] love you all. We'll be back," E! quoted Armstrong as saying.
A source at the show told E! Armstrong appeared to get over the incident rather quickly.
"Billy was backstage laughing and the fans loved it. A very rock 'n' roll moment," the insider said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign