Green Day says its lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has checked into rehab after his expletive-ridden, on-stage rant during a Las Vegas music festival.
"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band said in a statement on its website Sunday. "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Armstrong halted the group's performance at the weekend festival after he spotted on a camera a 1-minute warning message to wrap up, then used the F-word more than a dozen times to loudly complain about the set being cut short to make way for other acts.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson