Green Day says its lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has checked into rehab after his expletive-ridden, on-stage rant during a Las Vegas music festival.
"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band said in a statement on its website Sunday. "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Armstrong halted the group's performance at the weekend festival after he spotted on a camera a 1-minute warning message to wrap up, then used the F-word more than a dozen times to loudly complain about the set being cut short to make way for other acts.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal