Green Day says its lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has checked into rehab after his expletive-ridden, on-stage rant during a Las Vegas music festival.
"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band said in a statement on its website Sunday. "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Armstrong halted the group's performance at the weekend festival after he spotted on a camera a 1-minute warning message to wrap up, then used the F-word more than a dozen times to loudly complain about the set being cut short to make way for other acts.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict