Green Day says its lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has checked into rehab after his expletive-ridden, on-stage rant during a Las Vegas music festival.
"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band said in a statement on its website Sunday. "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Armstrong halted the group's performance at the weekend festival after he spotted on a camera a 1-minute warning message to wrap up, then used the F-word more than a dozen times to loudly complain about the set being cut short to make way for other acts.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women