ABC has picked up Ben Stiller's comedy series "Please Knock," loosely based on Stiller's life as an A-list actor.
The central character moves back into his parents' New York apartment building to re-discover his roots.
No casting announcement has been made.
Kevin Napier will produce and write the show, which was developed by Stiller's Red Hour Films company. Red Hour signed a development deal with ABC Studios in November, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The Reporter said Stiller has been active in television in recent months. He and Jonathan Safran Foer -- the author of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" -- previously placed the family comedy "All Talk" with HBO.
Most Popular Stories
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Facebook Bounceback Shows Social Media Market Strength
- Social Media Means New Business Opportunities
- Randy Travis Sues Texas Agencies Over Drunken Arrest Video
- Record 800-pound Gator Killed in Texas
- Leading Economic Indicators Recovered in April
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Munoz Takes the Wheel at Nissan
- Shakira Out, Aguilera in at 'The Voice'