Shakira and Usher are to replace Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green as mentors for Season 4 of the U.S. competition series "The Voice," NBC announced.
Current "Voice" coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will stay with the show when it returns for its fourth outing next spring.
Aguilera and Green, who are leaving the series to fulfill other professional commitments, are expected to return the following season, Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement Monday.
"We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to 'The Voice.' The addition of these popular iconic artists continues the tradition established by Christina, CeeLo, Adam and Blake," said Greenblatt. "Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and CeeLo. The participants on our show benefit from our coaches' expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return."
Most Popular Stories
- Prize hope in the can!
- The Free Lance-Star, Fredericksburg, Va., Rob Hedelt column
- The Santa Fe New Mexican Chris Quintana column
- 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' creation chronicled in breezy 'Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted' (review)
- Fall TV news, and 'Arrested Development' returns: TV Talk this week
- Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Texas, William Kerns column
- Arts & Music Festival attracts hundreds to CSUSB [San Bernardino County Sun (CA)]
- RLJ Entertainment Introduces YouTube Paid Channels
- Cinedigm's Docurama Introduces New YouTube Channel
- Cannes 2013: For 'Blue Ruin' helmer, a new path to career-building