Shakira and Usher are to replace Christina Aguilera and CeeLo Green as mentors for Season 4 of the U.S. competition series "The Voice," NBC announced.
Current "Voice" coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will stay with the show when it returns for its fourth outing next spring.
Aguilera and Green, who are leaving the series to fulfill other professional commitments, are expected to return the following season, Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement Monday.
"We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to 'The Voice.' The addition of these popular iconic artists continues the tradition established by Christina, CeeLo, Adam and Blake," said Greenblatt. "Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and CeeLo. The participants on our show benefit from our coaches' expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return."
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot